Chapter 3. Foundations of Express
This chapter covers
- The four main features of Express:
- Middleware for letting a request flow through multiple headers
- Routing for handling a request at a specific spot
- Convenience methods and properties
- Views for dynamically rendering HTML
As you saw in the previous chapter, Node.js comes with a number of built-in modules, one of which is called http. Node’s http
module allows you to build an HTTP server that responds to HTTP requests from browsers (and more). In short, the http module
lets you build websites with Node.
Although you can build full web servers with nothing but Node’s built-in http module, you might not want to. As we discussed
in chapter 1 and as you saw in chapter 2, the API exposed ...