Chapter 8. The grid panel
This chapter covers
- Learning about the grid panel
- Using existing column implementations
- Enabling grid panel pagination
- Creating an editable grid panel
- Implementing CRUD cycles using data stores
Since the early days of Ext JS the grid panel has been the centerpiece of the framework. In many respects this holds true today, and the grid panel is arguably one of the widgets with the most advanced functionality available in Ext JS, allowing for rapid data entry in a tabular form. When you use the grid panel, you gain the ability to visualize and manipulate large datasets in an intuitive way, so this class should fit into most enterprise and office applications. Note that the grid has seen a major overhaul of performance ...