Chapter 12. Drag-and-drop
This chapter covers
- Understanding the drag-and-drop workflow
- Dissecting the Ext JS drag-and-drop classes
- Implementing drag-and-drop override methods
- Understanding the drag-and-drop life cycle
- Using the drag-and-drop plug-ins
One of the greatest advantages of using a graphical user interface is the ability to easily move items around the screen with simple mouse gestures. This interaction is known as drag-and-drop. You use drag-and-drop without giving it a second thought just about every time you use a modern computer. If you step back and think about it, you’ll realize how this feature makes your life a lot easier.
Want to delete a file? Click and drag the file icon and drop it on the trash or Recycle Bin icon. ...