Chapter 7: Understanding Fixes
In this chapter, we will inspect the selected fixes to elucidate the source code behind the operations performed by these fixes. Fixes control a large number of simulation properties during the execution of a simulation, facilitating physical factors to be incorporated into the simulation. An understanding of how fixes accomplish what we mentioned in earlier chapters allows you to modify the physics of a simulation and add timestep-dependent attributes to it.
We will cover the following topics in this chapter:
- Exploring the general structure of fixes
- Reviewing the Fix AddForce class
- Studying the Fix NVE class
- Studying the Fix NH class
- Studying the Fix Print class
- Reviewing the Fix Orient/FCC class
- Analyzing the ...