The bestselling Sybex guide to marketing on Facebook, now fully updated
As the second most-visited site on the web, Facebook offers myriad marketing opportunities and a host of new tools. This bestselling guide is now completely updated to cover all of the latest tools including Deals, sponsored stories, the Send button, and more. It explains how to develop a winning strategy, implement a campaign, measure results, and produce usable reports. Case studies, step-by-step directions, and hands-on tutorials in the popular Hour-a-Day format make this the perfect handbook for maximizing marketing efforts on Facebook.
This revised guide fills you in on the latest Facebook conventions, tools, and demographics, and outlines the important strategic considerations for planning a campaign
Takes you step by step through crafting an initial Facebook presence, developing an overall marketing strategy, setting goals, defining metrics, developing reports, and integrating your strategy with other marketing activities
Covers using features such as events, applications, and pay-per-click advertising
Includes case studies and directions for updating, monitoring, and maintaining your campaign
This popular guide is packed with up-to-date information to help you develop, implement, measure, and maintain a successful Facebook marketing program.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Advance Praise
- Publisher's Note
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Welcome to the Post-Social Era
- Chapter 2: Understanding Social Media and Facebook
- Chapter 3: Marketing and Business Success on Facebook
- Chapter 4: Month 1: Create the Plan and Get Started
- Chapter 5: Month 2: Establish Your Corporate Presence with Pages
- Chapter 6: Month 3: Create Demand with Facebook Advertising
- Chapter 7: Beyond Pages: Groups, Apps, Social Plugins, and Mobile
- Chapter 8: The Analytics of Facebook
Chapter 9: Addressing Common Marketing Problems
- My Fan Page Won’t Grow, and My Fans Can’t See My Content
- Creating Appropriate Content for International Audiences
- Managing Negative Comments and Feedback
- Can’t Measure, Determine ROI, or Understand Metrics
- Reach Business Customers on Facebook
- Migrate Fans from One Page to Another
- Low Response Rates for Facebook Advertising
- Chapter 10: Unique Facebook Marketing Scenarios
Chapter 11: Facebook in the Future
- Question 1: Walled Garden?
- Question 2: Privacy?
- Question 3: Personal Data?
- Question 4: Facebook Pages?
- Question 5: Gamification?
- Question 6: F-Commerce?
- Question 7: Facebook Mobile?
- Question 8: Businesses on Facebook?
- Question 9: Third-Party Apps?
- Question 10: Monetizing?
- Question 11: How to Stay #1?
- Question 12: Coming Trends?
- Question 13: Biggest Threat?
- Perry Marshall’s Crystal Ball for Facebook and Social Media
- Appendix A: Recommended Resources
- Appendix B: Roles and Responsibilities
- Title: Facebook Marketing: An Hour a Day, 2nd Edition
- Release date: May 2012
- Publisher(s): Sybex
- ISBN: 9781118239124