Create expressive facial animations by using keyframe animation in Unreal Engine 4 and Daz Studio
About This Video
- Use the amazing toon house created by Michael Ricks in your scenes
- Access original four rigged Daz toon characters created by Michael Ricks
- Explore a rigged robot character featured as a complementary character from Epic Games
Unreal Engine 4 and Daz Studio are outstanding, freely available animation programs that allow you to create stunning character animations like a professional. This course uses high-quality Daz 3D characters to teach you how to export any morph target of your choice from Daz Studio and use it in Unreal Engine 4.
One of the most powerful features of Unreal Engine 4 is its ability to display animations in real time, unlike slow, sluggish systems that hinder your animation creativity. When you export your animation to an image sequence or to a video file for compositing, you'll be able to render your animation in near real-time. You'll also discover how to create high-quality facial animations confidently.
This course comes with the following five fully rigged characters that you can use in cinematics and videos:
Super Dude - Based on the Daz3D Genesis 8 character, Super Dude was created and sculpted in ZBrush by Michael Ricks. This character is inspired by the character from the hit film The Incredibles. Super Dude comes fully rigged with a ton of facial morphs and phoneme mouth shapes for accurate lip sync punctuation.
Wendy - Based on the Daz3D Genesis 3 character, Wendy is a cute toon girl character created and sculpted in ZBrush by Michael Ricks. She also has many facial morph and expression controls and can be made to come alive immediately in Unreal Engine 4. She has big expressive eyes, and can be easily made to emote in no time.
Lil' Frankenstein - Based on the Daz3D Genesis 3 character, Lil' Frankenstein was also created in ZBrush by Michael Ricks. Frankie comes with a wide array of facial morphs and can display many emotions.
Billy - Based on the Daz3D Genesis character, Billy was created and sculpted in ZBrush by Michael Ricks and comes with a wide range of facial morphs.
Epic Robot - This is a realistic robot character created by Epic Games for the hit virtual reality game Robo Recall. It comes with inbuilt animation and the sound of a "roar."
By the end of this course, you'll be well-versed with facial animation in Unreal Engine 4 and be able to create impressive character animations.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to Facial Animation
- Chapter 2 : From DAZ Studio to Unreal Engine 4
- Chapter 3 : Setting Up Your Character Into Unreal Engine 4
- Chapter 4 : Facial Animations & Expressions
- Chapter 5 : Head & Body Movements
Chapter 6 : Lip Sync Animation & More!
- Down & Dirty Lip Sync Animation In Unreal Engine 00:03:18
- Audacity for Dialogue Recording 00:02:45
- Recording Dialogue Live Along with Your Character Part 1 00:08:38
- Recording Dialogue Live Along With Your Character Part 2 00:09:51
- Add Secondary Mouth & Body Animation 00:16:13
- Bringing It All Together! Load Your Character & Animation Into The Sequencer 00:13:56
- BLENDSPACES - Amazing fun combining animations in Unreal Engine 4! 00:14:46
- Getting Your Character To Move Forward Over Distances 00:13:20
- Chapter 7 : More Cool Animation Tools!
- Title: Facial Animation and More in Unreal Engine 4 3D Animation
- Release date: May 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781800566682
You might also like
Unreal Engine 4.x Scripting with C++ Cookbook - Second Edition
Write efficient, reusable scripts to build custom characters, game environments, and control enemy AI Key Features …
Unity Expert Gameplay Programmer Certification Courseware
Duration: 8 Hours of video instruction Overview This series of courses help prepare you to take …
Blueprints Visual Scripting for Unreal Engine - Second Edition
Develop high-quality interactive games with the power of Unreal Engine's visual scripting language and Blueprints framework …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …