Video DescriptionRecorded live at Data Modeling Zone.
A Business Process describes How Work Gets Done; Data describes the Facts needed to execute that Process. One without the other has little value in organizations. If Process is the body then Data is the nervous system which makes the body function. In the fast pace of business change and frequent reorganizations, the Data Modelers and Analysts; and the Business and Process Analysts should expand their value to the organizations by cross-pollinating their understanding of how to facilitate Data and Process requirements more effectively.
The art and craft of enabling individuals and groups to discuss issues and opportunities around a shared objective; and develop agreed strategies for a common direction is generally referred to as Facilitation. Facilitation also includes enabling people to learn through transfer of knowledge and training in specific skills by a subject matter expert. The person or persons skilled in Facilitation are called Facilitators. The approach for creating agendas, conducting research, facilitate sessions to deliver planned outputs is referred to as the Facilitation Process.
Using a case study of process improvement and data design, this workshop will provide hands-on experience in how Data Analysts can leverage facilitation techniques and tools in their craft to be more effective in gathering requirements and transferring knowledge to users, and other professional analysts.
What you will learn:
- Adult Learning Theory and the Learning Process
- Multiple Intelligences Framework for effective design and delivery of work sessions
- Session Leader qualities and competencies; Session environment setup
- Methods and tools including the use of engagers and energizers
- Designing Agendas; Facilitation Framework and how to self-develop for success
Table of Contents
- Title: Facilitation & Training Skills for Data Professionals
- Release date: November 2017
- Publisher(s): Technics Publications
- ISBN: 9781634622905