Chapter 5 How to Check your Model and get it Approved
- • An information model should be verified (is the model correct?) and validated (does the domain expert approve?).
- • Verbalizations are crucial for validation.
- • The modeler should regularly perform several tests to verify the model:
- o Does the model satisfy FCO-IM form rules?
- o Are all Fact Types indeed elementary?
- o Is there any hidden redundancy in the model?
How can a modeler make sure his model is correct (verify it) and obtain the approval of the domain experts (validate it)?
The most important way in which the domain expert can verify the model, ...
Get Fact Oriented Modeling with FCO-IM: Capturing Business Semantics in Data Models with Fully Communication Oriented Information Modeling now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.