Chapter 6 Advanced Topics
6.1 Freedom of Choice: Alternative Ways to Model the Same Fact Expressions
- • Alternative ways of modeling might be possible:
- o During Sorting, if different Fact Types can be formed
- § This leads to different Relational database structures
- § Pros and cons are discussed, and a general modeling advice is given.
- o During Analyzing, if an ‘extra’ Object Type can be formed or not
- § This does not lead to different Relational database structures
- § Such an ‘extra’ Object Type sometimes must be formed (see also Section 5.4).
6.1.1 Different Way of Sorting: Different Table Structures