Chapter 6 Advanced Topics
6.1 Freedom of Choice: Alternative Ways to Model the Same Fact Expressions
- • Alternative ways of modeling might be possible:
- o During Sorting, if different Fact Types can be formed
- § This leads to different Relational database structures
- § Pros and cons are discussed, and a general modeling advice is given.
- o During Analyzing, if an ‘extra’ Object Type can be formed or not
- § This does not lead to different Relational database structures
- § Such an ‘extra’ Object Type sometimes must be formed (see also Section 5.4).
6.1.1 Different Way of Sorting: Different Table Structures
Get Fact Oriented Modeling with FCO-IM: Capturing Business Semantics in Data Models with Fully Communication Oriented Information Modeling now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.