Chapter 7Fiber-Optic Cables
The following ETA Fiber-Optics Installer competencies are covered in this chapter:
- Explain the purpose of each component displayed in a cross section view of a fiber-optic cable.
- Explain why and where loose buffer fiber-optic cable is used.
- Describe the difference between gel-filled and gel-free loose buffer fiber-optic cables.
- Describe tight buffer fiber-optic cable.
- Compare common strength members found in fiber-optic ...
Get Fiber Optics Installer (FOI) Certification Exam Guide now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from nearly 200 publishers.