1. Corporate Leadership Council (2008).
2. Mercer Human Resource Consulting (2007).
3. See for an example Schuler and Jackson (2007), Becker, Huselid, and Ulrich (2001), Becker, Huselid and Beatty (2009), and Mercer (2009).
1. Pfizer, Inc. (2011), page 16.
1. In addition if a company’s operating cycle is longer than 1 year, an item is considered a current asset if it will be converted to cash or used up within one operating cycle. An operating cycle is the average time required to purchase or manufacture a product, sell it, and collect the cash from that sale, often between 60 and 180 days.
2. The concept and calculation of present value is discussed in detail in Chapter 7.
3. Baker and Alexander (1993