- 3.1 VALUE OF STRATEGIC PLANNING
- 3.2 WHAT IS STRATEGIC PLANNING?
- 3.3 WHAT ARE THE ORGANIZATION’S MISSION, VISION, AND GOALS/OBJECTIVES?
- 3.4 STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT PROCESS
- 3.5 IMPLEMENTING THE STRATEGIC PLAN
- 3.6 PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- 3.7 STRATEGIC PLANNING PRACTICES: WHAT DOES THE EVIDENCE SHOW?
- 3.8 CONCLUSION
Thirty years ago a nonprofit financial management guide would have scarcely mentioned strategy or strategic management. In their expanded roles as strategic business partners, however, financial managers and board finance committees are increasingly involved in strategy development, evaluation, and implementation. According to the Association for Financial Professionals' 2016 benchmark survey of high-level corporate finance professionals regarding financial planning and analysis (FP&A):
FP&A is becoming a forward-looking operation. What began as a function that reported merely on past events is now transforming into one ...