Practical Tools for Management Decisions
Finance and accounting provide a rich trove of practical tools that will help answer some of the most important management questions you’ll ever face:
- What are the costs and benefits of a particular investment?
- What is its estimated return?
- How quickly will your company recoup the investment?
- How many units will it have to sell at specific prices to simply break even?
- Does your company have the right balance of fixed and variable costs?
- How can you estimate nonquantifiable costs and benefits?
Suppose that Amalgamated Hat Rack is considering two investment options: (1) buying a new piece of machinery and (2) creating a new product line. The new machine is a smart-technology, high-temperature ...