Learn all about the brand new Firestore, a NoSQL document-based technology
About This Video
- With a basic understanding of Android development, this will be a perfect next step to advanced your Android and Firestore skills.
- This is one of those courses where you definitely learn a lot in a very short time.
Welcome to beginner Firestore development. In this course, you'll learn all about the brand new Firestore, a NoSQL document-based technology. We start from the ground up and teach you everything you need to know from the fundamentals, authentication and a deep dive into Firestore security rules. By the end of this course, you'll know how to start building your real-worldapps with user authentication and real-time databases using Firestore.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Firestore Introduction
- Intro To Firestore 00:01:00
- Project Setup 00:12:14
- What is Firestore 00:06:09
- AddThoughtVC UI Setup 00:20:31
- Making your first database entry! 00:19:52
- MainActivity UI Set up 00:12:31
- Making the custom adapter 00:21:31
- Performing one time data fetch 00:12:04
- Real time updates 00:15:15
- Adding likes 00:08:33
- Chapter 2 : Firestore Authentication
- Chapter 3 : Firestore Security Rules
- Title: Firebase and Cloud Firestore for Android
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789806038