Information in this chapter:
• Information Security Risk Management in Federal Government Organizations
• Purpose and Rationale for This Book
• FISMA Applicability and Implementation
• Strengths and Shortcomings of FISMA and Federal Information Security Management
• Structure and Content of the Book
• Summary Descriptions of Each Chapter
The Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) provides the framework for securing information systems in federal government agencies and managing risk associated with information resources in those organizations. Within this framework, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and many other federal agencies engage in an ...