To some, the near perfection of the Six Sigma management system appears to be an impossible ideal, especially for small and medium enterprises. FIT SIGMA, a flexible and more sustainable approach, was developed through the integration of the 'hard' Six Sigma approach with Lean Enterprise philosophy. It consists of three elements; fitness for purpose, fitness for improvement and integration, and fitness for sustainability.
FIT SIGMA: A Lean Approach to Building Sustainable Quality Beyond Six Sigma shows how this tripartite approach can be used to add value to both large and small organisations through improved use of resources, and through the provision of improved customer satisfaction. It shows that a holistic approach to operational excellence underpinned by a data driven methodology can be applied equally to the manufacturing, service or public sectors.
As the Six Sigma philosophy has evolved in recent years to take into account new challenges faced by companies, including climate change, green supply chain, emerging markets and a growing service sector, so FIT SIGMA has also adapted itself to these new demands.
FIT SIGMA: A Lean Approach to Building Sustainable Quality Beyond Six Sigma covers key developing areas including:
Sustainability and Environment
Supply Chain Management
Small and Medium Enterprises
Each chapter contains practical implementation guide, illustrative examples and case studies, and concludes with a summary of key elements for ease of reference and revision. In addition the book includes a comprehensive glossary of common terms and phrases used in managing quality, along with an appendix which illustrates the applications of basic statistics in Six Sigma and Fit Sigma.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- About the Author
- 1: The Evolution of Six Sigma, Lean Sigma and FIT SIGMA™
- 2: More about FIT SIGMA
- 3: DMAIC Methodology for FIT SIGMA
- 4: FIT SIGMA Tools
- 5: FIT SIGMA in Large Manufacturing Operations
- 6: FIT SIGMA in Service Operations
- 7: FIT SIGMA in Small and Medium Enterprises
- 8: FIT SIGMA in Project Management
- 9: FIT SIGMA in Green Thinking
- 10: Implementation of FIT SIGMA: Making it Happen
- 11: More Case Examples
- Appendix I: Questions and Exercises
- Appendix II: Introduction to Basic Statistics
- Appendix III: Yield Conversion Table
- Title: Fit Sigma: A Lean Approach to Building Sustainable Quality Beyond Six Sigma
- Release date: April 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470666210