As we age, our bodies change—but that doesn't have to impact our fitness level. We may not be teenagers anymore, but if we exercise smarter, we can remain youthful, energetic, and strong.
Dr. Vonda Wright is the creator of a unique exercise program tailored to the needs of mature athletes. In Fitness After 40, you will learn how to:
- Understand your body, and approach exercise in a new way
- Maximize your fitness while minimizing injury
- Gain flexibility
- Benefit from aerobic exercise
- Build strength through resistance training
- Improve balance
- And much more
Now in its second edition, the book includes targeted "20 Minutes to Burn" workouts, a 6-week total-body plan, and new information on nutrition, injury prevention, joint preservation, the mind/body connection, and more. Whatever your age or activity level, Fitness After 40 will get you motivated, get you moving...and feeling better than ever.
Table of contents
- 1 You Are Strong, You Are Powerful, You Move You!
- 2 The New Science of Aging
- 3 Fitness at 40, 50, 60, and Beyond
- 4 Move and Be Stronger, Smarter, and Happier!
- 5 Giving Your Mobility a F.A.C.E.-Lift!
- 6 F—Flexibility
- 7 A—Aerobic Exercise
- 8 C—Carry a Load
- 9 E—Equilibrium/Balance
- 10 The Six-Week Jump Start to Mobility Plan—Your 20 Minutes to Burn
- 11 Maximizing Performance and Minimizing Injury
- 12 Healing with Steel
- 13 It’s a Waistline, Not a Wasteline—Your Guide to Smart Nutrition
- 14 “In the Mouth of the Wolf”—Creating Your Mental Edge
- 15 When the Shoe Fits, Wear It
- A Closing Word on Your Fitness After 40
- Further Resources
- Selected References
- About the Authors
- Free Sample Excerpt from No Sweat by Michelle Segar, Ph.D.
- Title: Fitness After 40, 2nd Edition
- Release date: August 2015
- Publisher(s): AMACOM
- ISBN: 9780814449028
You might also like
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
The Phoenix Project
Bill is an IT manager at Parts Unlimited. It's Tuesday morning and on his drive into …
Introduction to Python
Intrigued by Python? Learn how to get started with this popular language, whether you’re new to …
Python for Programmers, First Edition
The professional programmer's Deitel® guide to Python® with introductory artificial intelligence case studies Written for programmers …