What's your most valuable corporate asset?
“Five Keys to Powerful Business Relationships goes beyond the usual bonhomie, grip-and-grin, back slapping . . . dimension of business relationships. This book outlines a fresh, more systematic perspective to an area usually thought of as the ‘soft’ side of business.”
—From the Foreword by Bradley J. Mitchell, former Chief Commercial Officer, AccuWeather
Whatever business you’re in, success often depends on relationships—whether the relationship is between two team members, among several divisions of a corporation, or when it spans a large network of suppliers and customers. For almost three decades Sallie Sherman, Joseph Sperry and, more recently, Steve Vucelich have been helping companies increase revenues, reduce costs, and lower risk by helping firms optimize their B2B relationships.
Five Keys to Powerful Business Relationships is a game-changing guide that will help you leverage every critical relationship in your organization for greater success. The authors combine their knowledge and experience to show you how to get maximum value from virtually every relationship—both internal and external.
You’ll learn how to spot those relationships that are not generating their full power—and turn them into drivers of profit and growth. You’ll discover new ways to eliminate barriers to performance and boost the energy of individuals, teams, groups, and your organization as a whole. And you’ll find out how to improve personal and managerial development by using Five Keys to Powerful Business Relationships:
- Key #1: Connect first, then focus on task
- Key #2: Learn by walking in another’s shoes
- Key #3: Whether people trust you is often up to you
- Key #4: Share information to increase your personal power
- Key #5: Manage yourself before you manage others
The authors present proven best practices that individuals and firms can use to form more empowering relationships. They show you how to identify and remove barriers to relationships in your company, whether they are caused by culture, infrastructure, or self-awareness gaps.
If you want to be more productive, effective, and influential, you have to begin thinking in terms of relationships. Globalization, quality movements, increasing numbers of M&A and strategic partnerships, and the rise of social media have made relationships the new business imperative.
Your company’s most valuable asset may be dormant. Learn how to tap into it and extract its maximum value with Five Keys to Powerful Business Relationships.
Table of contents
- FIVE KEYS TO POWERFUL BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS
- Copyright Page
- Part 1
- Why Care about Powerful Business Relationships?
- Key #1: Connect First; Then Focus on Task
- Key #2: Learn by Walking in Another’s Shoes
- Key #3: Whether People Trust You Is Often up to You
- Key #4: Share Information to Increase Your Personal Power
- Key #5: Manage Yourself Before You Manage Others
- A Review of the Five Keys
- Part 3
- Annotated Bibliography
- About the Authors
- Ready to put the keys into action?
- Title: Five Keys to Powerful Business Relationships: How to Become More Productive, Effective and Influential
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071783897
You might also like
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide
Validate your AWS skills. This is your opportunity to take the next step in your career …
Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
Capturing a wealth of experience about the design of object-oriented software, four top-notch designers present a …
Talk Less, Say More: Three Habits to Influence Others and Make Things Happen
Talk Less, Say More is a revolutionary guide to 21st century communication skills to help you …