What's your most valuable corporate asset?
“Five Keys to Powerful Business Relationships goes beyond the usual bonhomie, grip-and-grin, back slapping . . . dimension of business relationships. This book outlines a fresh, more systematic perspective to an area usually thought of as the ‘soft’ side of business.”
—From the Foreword by Bradley J. Mitchell, former Chief Commercial Officer, AccuWeather
Whatever business you’re in, success often depends on relationships—whether the relationship is between two team members, among several divisions of a corporation, or when it spans a large network of suppliers and customers. For almost three decades Sallie Sherman, Joseph Sperry and, more recently, Steve Vucelich have been helping companies increase revenues, reduce costs, and lower risk by helping firms optimize their B2B relationships.
Five Keys to Powerful Business Relationships is a game-changing guide that will help you leverage every critical relationship in your organization for greater success. The authors combine their knowledge and experience to show you how to get maximum value from virtually every relationship—both internal and external.
You’ll learn how to spot those relationships that are not generating their full power—and turn them into drivers of profit and growth. You’ll discover new ways to eliminate barriers to performance and boost the energy of individuals, teams, groups, and your organization as a whole. And you’ll find out how to improve personal and managerial development by using Five Keys to Powerful Business Relationships:
- Key #1: Connect first, then focus on task
- Key #2: Learn by walking in another’s shoes
- Key #3: Whether people trust you is often up to you
- Key #4: Share information to increase your personal power
- Key #5: Manage yourself before you manage others
The authors present proven best practices that individuals and firms can use to form more empowering relationships. They show you how to identify and remove barriers to relationships in your company, whether they are caused by culture, infrastructure, or self-awareness gaps.
If you want to be more productive, effective, and influential, you have to begin thinking in terms of relationships. Globalization, quality movements, increasing numbers of M&A and strategic partnerships, and the rise of social media have made relationships the new business imperative.
Your company’s most valuable asset may be dormant. Learn how to tap into it and extract its maximum value with Five Keys to Powerful Business Relationships.
Table of contents
- Open 00:00:24
- Foreword 00:03:39
- Part 1: Introduction and Overview of the Five Keys 00:19:35
- Part 2: Why Care about Powerful Business Relationships? 00:59:54
- Key #1: Connect First; Then Focus on Task 00:35:39
- Key #2: Learn by Walking in Another's Shoes 00:48:02
- Key #3: Whether People Trust You Is Often up to You 00:48:33
- Key #4: Share Information to Increase Your Personal Power 00:31:20
- Key #5: Manage Yourself Before You Manage Others 00:25:09
- A Review of the Five Keys 00:20:52
- Part 3: Virtual Relationships and the Five Keys 00:45:41
- For Leaders: Three Relationship Challenges 00:33:28
- Close 00:00:46
- Title: Five Keys to Powerful Business Relationships: How to Become More Productive, Effective and Influential (Audio Book)
- Release date: October 2013
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071833288
You might also like
Coach Yourself to Win: 7 Steps to Breakthrough Performance on the Job and In Your Life (Audio Book)
A proven process for changing the way you behave--used by a renowned executive coach for more …
Stop Talking, Start Communicating: Counterintuitive Secrets to Success in Business and in Life, with a foreword by Martha Mendoza (Audio Book)
With startling insights and a dash of humor, Stop Talking, Start Communicating combines scientific research with …
Lead Like it Matters...Because it Does: Practical Leadership Tools to Inspire and Engage Your People and Create Great Results (Audio Book)
MASTER THE 4 KEY TENETS OF LEADERSHIP--AND CREATE A "RIPPLE EFFECT" OF POSITIVE CHANGE. A CRASH …
Profit from the Positive: Proven Leadership Strategies to Boost Productivity and Transform Your Business, with a foreword by Tom Rath (Audio Book)
You're constantly challenged to grow your business, increase productivity, and improve quality--all while reducing or keeping …