Book descriptionAn optimistic call to action for business leaders and decision makers everywhere
In his second book ‘the face of British Business' Lord Digby Jones shows us why profit isn't a dirty word—it's what you do with it that counts. Society is at a crossroads, and good business lays the foundation for a successful future; but are we brave enough to build it? Fixing Business focuses on why we must be.
Fixing the world requires a vibrant and successful, profit-yielding, tax-delivering, job-creating business sector. This book describes how that sector is built, and how the good of business means the good of all.
- Learn why business must invest more—and better—in physical and human infrastructure
- Discover the critical importance of social inclusion in the future of business
- Understand why fixing education and the environment are at the top of the priority list
- Engage with every aspect of society to create the wealth that holds the social fabric together
From the smallest shop around the corner to the largest multinational corporation, the variable upon which every facet of business success rests is people. Workers, investors, customers, creditors—all ensure that wealth is created, and at the end of the day, they are what business is about. Fixing Business shows us how to harness their power to change the world.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Something is Wrong – And It's Everybody's Business
- Chapter 2: Where the Battle is Being Lost: Fixing the Reputation of Business
- Chapter 3: Achieving Socially Inclusive Wealth Creation
- Chapter 4: Harnessing the Power of Education, Training and Skills
- Chapter 5: Protecting the Environment: An Essential Priority
- Chapter 6: The Boardroom: Executive Pay and the Gulf between Big and Small Business
- Chapter 7: Dealing with a Post-Brexit World
- Chapter 8: What's Next?
- About the Author
- Title: Fixing Business
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119287391
You might also like
Virtual & Augmented Reality For Dummies
An easy-to-understand primer on Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) …
Mastering Metasploit - Third Edition
About This Book Discover the next level of network defense with the Metasploit framework Who This …
The Art of Communication
Bring nuance, depth, and meaning to every conversation you have The Art of Communication is for …
Crash Course in Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis, Second Edition
Seamlessly bridging academic accounting with real-life applications, Crash Course in Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis, Second …