Chapter 3. Writing your First App
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Creating a basic document class
- Preventing screen idle
- Handling multitasking
- Exiting gracefully from an app
- Linking classes to movie-clip symbols
- Using an update loop
- Including an application launch image
- Including icons
- Editing the application descriptor file
- Remote debugging
You should now be comfortable compiling and deploying native iOS apps from Flash Professional. In this chapter, we will continue where we left off, building on top of our FLA to create our first iOS app.
Although there are differences compared to targeting desktop computers, the process for writing iOS applications in Flash will feel familiar to any Flash developer. Along the way, a few best practices will ...