Flats: Technical Drawing for Fashion explains how to create a technical fashion drawing using a simple and straightforward step-by-step method, explained for those who wish to use Adobe Illustrator as well as for those who prefer to draw by hand.
The second part of the book presents over 600 technical drawings of garment types, styles, and construction details, the basic key shapes of which are shown alongside a specially created and photographed muslin. Accompanying each illustration is a list of all the terms by which that garment is known. This unique presentation illustrates the relationship between the three dimensional garment and the two-dimensional drawing, allowing readers to really understand how to render technical drawings.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
Part 1: Technical Fashion Drawing
- Illustration in the Fashion Process
- How and When are Technical Drawings Used ?
- How to Make a Technical Fashion Drawing
- Drawing from a Garment
- Technical Drawing by Hand Using the Generic Template
- Technical Drawing from the Generic Template Using Illustrator
- Speed Designing Using Illustrator
- Hints and Tips
- Adding Colour, Texture and Patterns
- Different Drawing STyles
- Styling Details
- Part 2: Visual Directory of Styles and Details
- Index and Resources
- Title: Flats: Technical Drawing for Fashion
- Release date: April 2010
- Publisher(s): Laurence King
- ISBN: 9781856696180