CHAPTER 10

Food Park: Background Research

Present Business Models—Studying the McDonald’s Supply Chain

Currently, McDonald’s India sources 90 percent of its products, raw food and semi-processed food through local vendors all over the country. Hence, there are a lot of hands involved in the overall process which increases the chance of recipe leak. The 10 percent outsourcing, which includes the secret recipe, therefore, can never be manufactured locally. The present model involves a lot of preservation cost as the semi-cooked materials need more care while transporting them, adding up to the overall cost.

image

Figure 10.1 Map of India depicting 90 ...

Get Food and Architecture now with O’Reilly online learning.

O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.