Are you a "foodie" looking to take beautiful, eye-catching photos of your culinary concoctions? Do you have a food blog that you'd like enhance with better visuals? Do you want your photos to conjure up the flavors and aromas of your favorite foods but are lacking the photographic technique to make it happen? Then this book is for you!
In Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots, photographer Nicole S. Young dishes up the basics on getting the right camera equipment—from lights to lenses and reflectors—and takes you through the key photographic principles—aperture, ISO, and shutter speed. She then explains the fundamentals of lighting and composing your shots and offers food styling ideas, such as using props, fabrics, and tabletops to enhance the look of your images. Finally, she shows you tips and tricks for improving your photos through sharpening, color enhancement, and touchup work to best showcase your food.
Beautifully illustrated with large, vibrant photos, this book teaches you how to take control of your photography to get the food images you want every time you pick up your camera.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1. Photography Fundamentals
- Chapter 2. Photography Equipment
- Chapter 3. Lighting
- Chapter 4. Styling & Props
- Chapter 5. Framing & Composition
- Chapter 6. Processing Images with Adobe® Photoshop®
- Chapter 7. Behind the Scenes
- Title: Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- Release date: August 2011
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780132776349