Useful Links, and Why They’re Useful
The following list provides a resource for additional reading, research, and information. A brief description accompanies each link, describing the content at the destination and its potential uses.
AICPA—American Institute of Certified Public Accountants—CAQ Alerts
- Alerts from the Center for Audit Quality regarding various industry issues.
- The site also includes links to standards, projects, and research.
- www.aicpa.org/INTERESTAREAS/CENTERFORAUDITQUALITY/NEWSANDPUBLICATIONS/CAQALERTS/2010/Pages/default .aspx.
- Provides the keystrokes needed to produce currency symbols not native to a particular keyboard. For example, hold down the “Alt” key while typing 0128 and then release the “Alt” key. The result is “€.” Alt157 yields ¥.
Bank for International Settlements
- Foreign exchange information, including the triennial report on foreign exchange markets. Includes national reports for select countries: www.xe.com/symbols.php.
- BIS effective exchange rate indices, akin to the Burger Index: www.bis.org/statistics/eer/index.htm.
- Statistics, including foreign exchange statistics and effective exchange rate statistics, but numerous other cross-border transaction data including payment statistics in major financial centers. Also, cross-border borrowing and lending: www.bis.org/statistics/index.htm.
Center for Audit Quality—International Practices Task Force
- Publishes audit alerts including periodic updates regarding which economies ...