Book DescriptionThis research based book offers insight to the changing perspectives regarding FDI from traditional theory to new theory, from local to global link, and from opportunity to responsibility.
Readers will understand the various factors, determinants, and theories that underpin the presence of firms in the global economy. The author illustrates, by way of case studies, specific implications of FDI policy and practice on issues like ecology and environment, technology transfer, labor market, and relevance of further liberalization policies in FDI in the context of Indian economy.
The coverage for such an important theme is too vast to cover in a single volume; therefore, this volume restricts its analysis to a select few themes in hopes that this endeavor will trigger an ongoing debate on myriad aspects and concerns of FDI on countries like India.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 Theories of International Trade and Foreign Direct Investment
- Chapter 2 Emerging Perspectives of Foreign Direct Investment
- Chapter 3 Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment
- Chapter 4 Public Policy and Regulation
- Chapter 5 Foreign Direct Investment and Sustainable Development
- Chapter 6 Case Studies
- Daiichi Sanyo and Ranbaxy Laboratories
- Pohang Steel Company
- Vedanta Alumina Limited
- Kia Motors India
- Biocon Limited
- Chapter 7 Conclusions
- About the Author
- Title: Foreign Direct Investment
- Release date: April 2019
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781949443509