Forex for Beginners: A Comprehensive Guide to Profiting from the Global Currency Markets is a guide for those who want to earn extra income trading currencies without committing large amounts of time or money. This book will introduce global investors to the basics of forex (foreign exchange) trading and provide them with a solid framework for analyzing currencies and profiting from their fluctuations. Topics covered include the forces that cause exchange rates to fluctuate, an overview of the mechanics of trading, analytical and forecasting tools, how to profit from pricing trends, and common pitfalls that often ensnare traders.
While most books make grandiose promises of instant success and large profits, Forex for Beginners represents an alternative approach to investing in forex. The forex market is dominated by institutional capital and algorithmic trading, making it unrealistic to think that day traders can beat the market by relying on charts and technical indicators alone. Thus, the emphasis here is on fundamental analysis—using economic concepts to spot currency misalignments—and staking out positions to profit from them over a period of weeks and months.
If you're eager to tap into the world's largest financial market on a part-time basis, this is the book for you. You will gain an understanding of how currency markets work and use this knowledge to generate income.
Table of Contents
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: Historical Background
- Chapter 2: What Are Your Options?
- Chapter 3: What Makes Currencies Move?
- Chapter 4: Forex Analysis
- Chapter 5: Fundamental Analysis
- Chapter 6: Technical Analysis
- Chapter 7: Trading Strategy
- Chapter 8: Opening an Account
- Chapter 9: Account Management
- Chapter 10: Pitfalls and Risks
- Chapter 11: Successful Investing
- Appendix: Online Forex Resources
- Title: Forex for Beginners: A Comprehensive Guide to Profiting from the Global Currency Markets
- Release date: August 2012
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430240501