Creating Vector Graphics with the Drawing API
This chapter covers the following topics:
- How to draw straight and curved lines programmatically
- How to create solid and gradient-filled shapes
- How to alter a stroke’s graphic style, including drawing gradient strokes
- How to combine the drawing API methods to create a complete graphic
- How to move your graphic in a 3D space
ActionScript 3.0 includes a Graphics class that provides a drawing API, which you can use to create vector graphics through code. Each Sprite or Shape instance you create actually includes a Graphics instance that can be used to draw within its respective parent object. ...