This chapter covers the following topics:
- What regular expressions are and why they are useful
- The anatomy of regular expressions
- How to use regular expressions in ActionScript 3.0
- Useful regular expressions
- Resources for more information about regular expressions
In this chapter, you’ll spend some time looking at regular expressions, a brand-new feature introduced into ActionScript 3.0 that has helped make it a proper, grown-up programming language.
Regular expressions have often been considered something of a dark art, reserved for propeller-heads who eat Perl scripts for breakfast and go back for seconds. Seeing ...