Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH) Foundation Learning Guide, Third Edition, is a Cisco®-authorized, self-paced learning tool for CCDP® foundation learning. This book provides you with the knowledge needed to perform the conceptual, intermediate, and detailed design of a network infrastructure that supports desired network solutions over intelligent network services, in order to achieve effective performance, scalability, and availability. By reading this book, you will gain a thorough understanding of how to apply solid Cisco network solution models and recommended design practices to provide viable, stable enterprise internetworking solutions. The book presents concepts and examples that are necessary to design converged enterprise networks. Advanced network infrastructure technologies, such as virtual private networks (VPNs) and other security solutions are also covered.
Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH) Foundation Learning Guide, Third Edition teaches you the latest development in network design and technologies, including network infrastructure, intelligent network services, and converged network solutions. Specific topics include campus, routing, addressing, WAN services, data center, e-commerce, SAN, security, VPN, and IP multicast design, as well as network management. Chapter-ending review questions illustrate and help solidify the concepts presented in the book.
Whether you are preparing for CCDP certification or simply want to gain a better understanding of designing scalable and reliable network architectures, you will benefit from the foundation information presented in this book.
Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH) Foundation Learning Guide, Third Edition, is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
John Tiso, CCIE No. 5162, CCDP is a Product Manager for Cisco Systems. He holds a B.S. Degree in Computer Science and Mathematics from Adelphi University and a Graduate Citation in Strategic Management from Harvard University. John is a published author, has served as a technical editor for Cisco Press, and has participated as a SME for the CCIE program. Prior to Cisco, he was a senior consultant and architect in the Cisco partner channel.
· Learn about the Cisco Enterprise Architecture
· Create highly available campus and data center network designs
· Develop optimum Layer 3 designs
· Examine advanced WAN services design considerations
· Evaluate SAN design considerations
· Deploy effective e-commerce module designs
· Create effective security services and IPsec and SSL VPN designs
· Design IP multicast networks
· Understand the network management capabilities within Cisco IOS Software
This book is in the Foundation Learning Guide Series. These guides are developed together with Cisco® as the only authorized, self-paced learning tools that help networking professionals build their understanding of networking concepts and prepare for Cisco certification exams.
Category: Cisco Certification
Covers: CCDP ARCH 642-874
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- Contributing Author
- About the Technical Reviewers
- Icons Used in This Book
- Chapter 1. The Cisco Enterprise Architecture
- Chapter 2. Enterprise Campus Network Design
- Chapter 3. Developing an Optimum Design for Layer 3
- Chapter 4. Advanced WAN Services Design Considerations
- Chapter 5. Enterprise Data Center Design
- Chapter 6. SAN Design Considerations
- Chapter 7. E-Commerce Module Design
- Chapter 8. Security Services Design
- Chapter 9. IPsec and SSL VPN Design
- Chapter 10. IP Multicast Design
- Chapter 11. Network Management Capabilities Within Cisco IOS Software
- Appendix A. Answers to Review Questions
- Appendix B. Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Appendix C. VoWLAN Design
- Title: Foundation Learning Guide: Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH)
- Release date: November 2011
- Publisher(s): Cisco Press
- ISBN: 9780132652933