After completing this chapter, you will be able to
• Describe SAN components and technologies
• Discuss basic SAN design and SAN extension
• Discuss SAN design using Cisco MDS 9000 series multilayer switches
• Describe SAN extension considerations
• Describe Unified Fabric Technology
• Discuss integrated design considerations for supporting IP and SAN traffic on integrated fabric on the Cisco Nexus family of switches
The storage-area network (SAN) is a set of protocols and technologies that permit storage devices to have direct connections with servers over some distance. In addition, a SAN permits the storage devices to be shared among a number of servers based on select criteria. Finally, using VSAN technologies ...