Explore an alternative method of front-end application development without using frameworks or third-party libraries. This book provides you with the required skills and freedom to consider a “no framework” approach when choosing a technology for creating a new project.
You’ll work through the most important issues in a clear and sensible way, using practical methods and tools to gain an understanding of non-functional requirements. This book answers questions on important topics such as state management, making a routing system, creating a REST client using fetch, and reveals the trade-offs and risks associated with choosing the wrong framework or tool for your project, as well as providing sustainable, functional alternatives.
Frameworkless Front-End Development breaks down the concept of technical debt and the ways in which a framework can impact the lifespan of a project. Along with gaining a comprehensive and clear guide on coding effectively from scratch without frameworks, you will also learn some principles of technical decision-making.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Review how DOM manipulation works
- Manage the state of a front-end application with different patterns
- Safely migrate existing applications to a new framework or to frameworkless code
- Use decision-making tools such as a Framework Compass Chart and an Architectural Clash
- See how the choice of frameworks can affect the ‘health’ and lifespan of a codebase
WHO IS THIS BOOK FOR:
- Title: Frameworkless Front-End Development: Do You Control Your Dependencies Or Are They Controlling You?
- Release date: August 2019
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484249673
You might also like
What's the answer to today's increasingly complex web applications? Micro-frontends. Inspired by the microservices model, this …
Modern Software Engineering: Doing What Works to Build Better Software Faster
Improve Your Creativity, Effectiveness, and Ultimately, Your Code In Modern Software Engineering, continuous delivery pioneer David …
Web Components in Action
Web Components in Action teaches you to build and use Web Components from the ground up. …
Effective Java, 3rd Edition
Since this Jolt-award winning classic was last updated in 2008, the Java programming environment has changed …