CHAPTER 2What’s Holding Us Back?
Here is a quiz. Actually, it’s part of the questionnaire I used to gather research for this book. Think for a second:
- What is the difference (if any) between a progressive and a liberal?
- Why has the label liberal become unpopular? What negative ideas pop into voters’ heads when they think of a liberal?
- What do progressives stand for? I’m not asking for a laundry list of issue positions—what are our principles? What is our philosophy of government?
- A related question: What is the proper role of government? What should government do for Americans, and what are the limits of government?
- What’s the difference between progressives and conservatives? What’s wrong with the conservative philosophy?
Time’s up. There ...