ESSENTIAL VIDEO MARKETING TOOLS
The tools and software that make using video increasingly simple will undoubtedly continue to get better. As of this writing I have some favorites, but as with all technology these recommendations could be very out of date within a short time. The resource page of this book will contain up-to-date links and advice as well, to help you make video as simple and as effective as possible.
Some basic tools to help you get started with online video:
- Kodak Zi8 camera or a Flip video camera (or your cell phone).
- The Kodak Zi8 is currently one of my favorites. It's one of those tiny video cameras with the added benefit of an external mic jack that creates great audio. I recently won a couple of these and I can say they are fantastic. My kids are taking great videos and posting them easily to YouTube (my 10-year-old has it down). The price is coming down on all-powerful video equipment, and even cell phones are becoming capable of capturing good videos.
- Sony Vegas Software. This software is currently the standard for video editing for many online marketers. Find a teenager to do the editing for you ... they know how to do this stuff.
- YouTube, Viddler, EZS3.com, and Easy Video Player.
- The sites YouTube, Viddler, and Vimeo are all options for hosting and playing your videos. These are public access services where random viewers are likely to stumble upon your content.
- For larger videos, many marketers (including me) are starting to use EZS3.com's ...