Book descriptionFrom Behind the Desk to the Front of the Stage discusses all aspects of public speaking with particular emphasis on the skills people need to be successful in their business careers.
It covers a wide range of different presentation challenges, including making an impact in the boardroom, conference speaking, using multi-media, and bringing complex subjects to life. There are many practical hints, tips, and exercises to help people improve their presentation style, as well as detailed advice on how to create and structure content to make maximum impact.
This book has a business focus and is aimed at people who need to be good on their feet in order to progress in their careers. It also covers other challenging events such as awards ceremonies, formal, and informal social occasions. Its USPs are that it takes people on their journey from behind their desk to the front of the stage in a sympathetic and insightful way, helping them to build on their strengths and gain confidence as they go along.
Table of contents
- Half-title Page
- Title Page
- Chapter 1 You Want to Succeed and So Does Your Audience!
- Chapter 2 Preparation: The Foundation of Success
- Chapter 3 Learning to Relax
- Chapter 4 Content Versus Style
- Chapter 5 Components of Style
- Chapter 6 Making the Most of Your Voice
- Chapter 7 Amplification and Microphones
- Chapter 8 Content: Keep It Simple and Direct
- Chapter 9 To Script or Not to Script?
- Chapter 10 Making Slides and AV Work for the Audience
- Chapter 11 Hosting and Facilitating Events
- Chapter 12 Making Roundtables Work
- Chapter 13 Chairing Conference Sessions and Panel Debates
- Chapter 14 Making Awards Ceremonies Sparkle
- Chapter 15 Social Events: A Different Challenge
- Chapter 16 How to Improve
- About the Author
- Title: From Behind the Desk to the Front of the Stage
- Release date: October 2018
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781631579103
You might also like
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide
Validate your AWS skills. This is your opportunity to take the next step in your career …
Designing for Behavior Change, 2nd Edition
Designers and managers hope their products become essential for users—integrated into their lives like Instagram, Lyft, …
GitHub For Dummies
Code collaboratively with GitHub Once you’ve learned the basics of coding the next step is to …
OS X Support Essentials 10.11 - Apple Pro Training Series: Supporting and Troubleshooting OS X El Capitan
This is the official curriculum of the Apple El Capitan 101: OS X Support Essentials 10.11 …