"Jennifer Britton has penned another winner! With From One to Many, Jennifer not only gives us a bird's-eye-view perspective, but she also delves into the details we need to be successful as group and team coaches. I'm eager to incorporate this new material—not only into my course curriculum—but also into my own group coaching programs."
—Jory H. Fisher, JD,
"This remarkable resource gives coaches the necessary tools to expand their effectiveness and offer a group experience of connection and collaboration, providing an exceptional experience for many."
—Sandy Miller, MA, CPCC, ACC,
"From One to Many is a must-read for coaches, whether experienced or new to group and team coaching. Jennifer combines extensive research, personal and peer experiences, practical applications, and a comprehensive set of tools and resources to deliver another excellent book for professional coaches."
—Janice LaVore-Fletcher, MMC, BCC, President, Christian Coach Institute
Practical tips, tools, and insight on successful team and group coaching engagements
As professional development budgets at many organizations remain flat or even shrink due to financial pressures, coaches and human resources leaders are looking for new ways to do more with less funding. Team coaching—which may span intact teams, project teams and virtual teams—and group coaching—spanning both organizational and public contexts—offer a solution to this developmental puzzle. Unfortunately, there are few practical resources available that address the best practices for team and group coaching. From One to Many fills that gap for coaches, leaders, and human resources professionals. The book explains how to integrate the practice into an organization and how to maximize it to full effect.
One of the only books on the market that explores in-depth the related topics of team and group coaching
Written by the founder of a performance improvement consultancy who is also a popular speaker on the subject
Features new content specifically for practitioners in coaching, human resources, performance improvement and related fields
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- List of Figures and Tables
Part I: Team and Group Coaching Defined
- Chapter 1: Team and Group Coaching: Related Sisters
- Chapter 2: The Fusion of Approaches, Benefits and Tricky Issues in Coaching Many
- Chapter 3: Core Skills for Team and Group Coaching
Part II: Team and Group Coaching Foundations and in Action
- Chapter 4: Design Principles and Practices for Coaching Many
- Chapter 5: Group Coaching Foundations
- Chapter 6: Team Coaching Foundations
- Chapter 7: Virtual Design and Delivery
- Chapter 8: Creating Connection and Fostering Engagement in Team and Group Coaching
Part III: Expanding Our View of Coaching Many
- Chapter 9: Capacity Development: Mentoring, Coaching, Supervision, Leader as Coach and Peer Coaching
- Chapter 10: Developing a New Cohort of Leaders
- Chapter 11: Co-facilitation, Partnering and Collaboration: Who Has Your Back?
- Chapter 12: Trends in Team and Group Coaching
- Appendix: Exercises, Tools and Resources for Team and Group Coaching
- About the Author
- Title: From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching
- Release date: July 2013
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9781118549308