Building Your Team
In Chapter 2, we discussed the importance of assessing the people on your team early in your tenure. Your team members can be characterized in one of the following ways:
- Key player. Keep these people where they are.
- Development project. This person isn’t quite there, but shows potential. Work out a plan to develop it.
- Move. This person might fit better in a different role.
- Observe. You aren’t going to figure out everyone right away. Give yourself space to watch and think if you aren’t sure.
- Replace eventually. This person should be replaced, but it can be done at the right time.
- Replace immediately. Find a way to move this ...