2 Graph thinking with GraphQL
This chapter covers
- Describing the requirements of our business review application
- Translating requirements into GraphQL type definitions
- Implementing resolver functions for data fetching for these type definitions, using a naive approach
- Using Apollo Server to combine our type definitions and resolvers and serve a GraphQL endpoint
- Querying our GraphQL endpoint with Apollo Studio
In this chapter, we will design a GraphQL API for a business review application. First, we will define the requirements of this application; then, we will describe a GraphQL API that addresses these requirements following a GraphQL-first development approach. We then explore how to implement the data fetching logic for this API. Finally, ...