Develop Effective, Performant, Maintainable Front-End Applications Using Vue.js
About This Video
- Learn to setup Node.js and other software packages required to build a web application.
- Build a single-page application using Vue.js and Node.js.
- Learn to add Authorization and test cases to improve the reliability of your web application.
This course will help you develop effective and maintainable full-stack web applications using Vue.js and Node.js. You'll start by building the frontend to a songs playlist application, to log in, create a new playlist, and search through YouTube videos. You'll learn how to build a scalable Vue.js frontend that can work well in combination with a Node.js backend application.
Next, you'll learn how to consume data from a third-party API within your application as well as how to perform CRUD operations against a locally hosted API using the HTTP client Axios.
By the end of the course, you will have an understanding of fundamental Vue.js concepts and will know how to use its state management library, Vuex, and its frontend routing library, Vue-router. Also, you'll be confident in building powerful and performant frontend web development using Vue.js.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Vue.js
- Chapter 2 : Building a Project with Vue.js
Chapter 3 : State Management and Routing
- Installing Vuex and vue-router and Adding Them to the Vue Instance 00:04:02
- Vue Core Concepts and How to Implement – Part 1 00:06:04
- Vue Core Concepts and How to Implement – Part 2 00:05:29
- How to Use vue-router and Router Links 00:06:45
- Application Structure – Part 1 00:06:33
- Application Structure – Part 2 00:02:33
Chapter 4 : Setting Up the API
- Putting Together the Sample API Code and Adding to the Frontend Application 00:08:43
- How to Set Up the Database 00:05:53
- Demonstration of API in REST Client 00:04:08
- Creating an Account and Then Authenticating /Getting a Token – Part 1 00:05:30
- Creating an Account and Then Authenticating /Getting a Token – Part 2 00:05:18
Chapter 5 : Create, Read, Update, and Delete with Node.js
- Setup Login Page, Functionality and Adding the User – Part 1 00:05:05
- Setup Login Page, Functionality and Adding the User – Part 1 00:04:29
- Using the API to Create, Read, Update, and Delete Items – Part 1 00:08:13
- Using the API to Create, Read, Update, and Delete Items – Part 2 00:05:06
- Using the API to Create, Read, Update, and Delete Items – Part 3 00:07:11
- Using the API to Create, Read, Update, and Delete Items – Part 4 00:07:07
- Using the Vuex Store as a Single Point of Contact to the API 00:04:57
- Testing 00:08:01
- Security 00:06:19
- Title: Full Stack Web Development with Vue.js and Node.js
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789345094