1. J. Dutton, Energize Your Workplace (New York: Jossey-Bass, 2003), 7.
2. A. Boesche, H. Bruch, and J. Kunz, “Die Kraft positiver Energien,” Personalwirtschaft (December 2008): 54–56.
3. The Organizational Energy Questionnaire (OEQ) is copyrighted © 2010 by Institute for Leadership and Human Resource Management, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland. All rights reserved in all media.
4. Unless otherwise noted, quotations by executives are from interviews we have conducted.
5. H. Bruch and S. Ghoshal, “Unleashing Organizational Energy,” Sloan Management Review 44 (2003): 45–51.
6. Similar to the idea of burnout and its emotional, cognitive, and physical dimension, the force of organizational energy consists of an interplay ...