Get up and running with simple and fun projects using the Vue.js framework!
About This Video
Create your own custom applications based on intelligently designed, readable code templates
Address different designs for single page application frameworks with interactivity for the web
Get up and running with Vue.js’ features and handle the Vue ecosystem effectively!
In this video course, you will start with creating a To-Do Application, where you will be taken through the necessary basics of Vue, and learn to add, toggle, remove, and change a to-do item. After that, you will build a GitHub application which connects to GitHub using the Axios client. You will learn to create different Vue components as well as handle computed properties for your application. Finally, you will then build a real-time chat application, where you will work with Pusher service, Vue Router, and Vuex.
By the end of this course, you will have worked with the different features of Vue.js that will make you fall in love with single page web application development.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Creating a todo Application
- Chapter 2 : GitHub Application
Chapter 3 : Real time Chat Application
- Introduction to the Chat Application 00:06:24
- Scaffolding Our Client and Server 00:09:18
- Adding Packages to Our Client 00:14:37
- Setting Up the Vuex Store 00:14:24
- Setting Up Our Pages 00:07:36
- Adding Functionality to the Join Page 00:05:48
- Styling the Join Page 00:12:55
- Finalizing the Join Page 00:19:55
- Adding Functionality to the Room Page 00:09:24
- Finalizing the Rooms Page 00:23:42
- Final Tweaks 00:08:10
- Title: Fun Projects with Vue 2
- Release date: April 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781787281318