PRINCIPLE TWOChallenge Your Bias
REMOVE SELF-IMPOSED BELIEFS THAT ROADBLOCK THE RELEASE OF YOUR FULL BEING
We live with biases imbedded into our work ethic, biases that prevent us from integrating our whole selves into our work life. Do you carry with you any of these biases?
- ‘If we have too much fun, then the work will not get done.’
- ‘If I am silly, I may be perceived as stupid and/or unprofessional.’
- ‘If I am fun-loving, it means I am less substantive.’
- ‘It takes too much time to incorporate fun into the fabric of work.’
- ‘Fun, joy, and passion are soft and have no relationship to effective work cultures.’
- ‘Working hard and long are the prime requirements for creating and living a successful life.’
These biases are symptoms of our ‘Type ...