Software development today is embracing functional programming (FP), whether it’s to write concurrent programs or to manage Big Data. Where does that leave Java developers? This concise book offers a pragmatic, approachable introduction to FP for Java developers or anyone who uses an object-oriented language. Using exercises in each chapter, you'll learn how to apply FP principles to your Java code.
Table of contents
- Functional Programming for Java Developers
- A Note Regarding Supplemental Files
- 1. Why Functional Programming?
2. What Is Functional Programming?
- The Basic Principles of Functional Programming
- Designing Types
- 3. Data Structures and Algorithms
- 4. Functional Concurrency
- 5. Better Object-Oriented Programming
- 6. Where to Go From Here
- A. References
- About the Author
- Title: Functional Programming for Java Developers
- Release date: July 2011
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449311032
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Functional Programming in Java: How functional techniques improve your Java programs
Summary Functional Programming in Java teaches Java developers how to incorporate the most powerful benefits of …
Expanded Edition (August 2018) Updated with Design Patterns episodes from the Clean Code series from Clean …
Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
Capturing a wealth of experience about the design of object-oriented software, four top-notch designers present a …