Take a 7-day journey to the functional paradigm of Python programming
About This Video
- You’ll learn to make Python code more concise using functional programming by moving into the compiler, ideas such as list comprehensions and caching.
- Uncover the various features in Python for functional programming to unlock the robustness of your program by Lazy and Partial Evaluations, Memorization, and Automatic Parallelization.
- Get practical illustrations with step-by-step instructions, followed by best practices and simple examples of applications.
With every business being penetrated by data, it’s even more important to move towards functional paradigms to tackle the side-effects of programming, making testing and debugging easier. This course will teach you how to deconstruct data structures and store variable bindings (with closures). You’ll also learn about strong typing, storage allocation, and whether to use boxed (pointer-to-value) or unboxed (value directly) representation using functional programming.
This fast-paced actionable guide offers seven 30-minute lessons, each followed by a practical exercise to get you up and running. By the end, you’ll be well-equipped with programming concepts that enable robust functional programming, taking you one step closer to proficient programming in Python.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on Github at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Functional-Programming-in-7-Days
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Functional Programming
- Chapter 2 : Advanced Python Functions
- Chapter 3 : Applying Callable and Lazy Evaluation
- Chapter 4 : Implementing Higher Order Functions
- Chapter 5 : Implementing Utilities and Optimizing Storage
- Chapter 6 : Functional Programming for Applications
- Chapter 7 : Demystify Currying, Dispatching, and PyMonad
- Title: Functional Programming in 7 Days
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788990295