Book descriptionAn introduction to Lean thinking Lean is a mindset rather than a methodology; it is a way of thinking based on practices, strategies, tools and methods that can be applied to maximise value and minimise waste while ensuring that processes achieve corporate goals. Lean helps organisations in all sectors achieve their objectives by facilitating a long-term culture shift focusing on three fundamental areas: waste , customer value and continuous incremental improvement. A good assurance review will ensure that resources are being applied efficiently and effectively to achieve these objectives. Product overview Fundamentals of Assurance for Lean Projects explains the fundamental concepts of Lean and how they can be applied to any project, including software development and organisational change. It explains the jargon and dispels the mystique that surrounds Lean, providing readers with guidance and tips on performing audits or assurance reviews for Lean projects. It also describes how Lean fits with Agile and Kanban, and how it can be combined with Six Sigma to create an efficient, high-quality approach. The book provides strong practical guidance for those tasked with providing assurance for Lean projects. Read this book to learn about the approach and principles of Lean, the governance of Lean projects, and Lean audit and review. Topics covered include:
- The five main Lean principles and their significance.
- Tools used for root-cause analysis (the five whys and fishbone analysis).
- Defining and modelling customer value, and innovative responses to customer needs (the Kano model).
- Common causes of waste and how to improve flow.
- Customer pull and Kanban mechanisms to manage the associated flow of processing and information.
- The pursuit of perfection (Kaikaku and Kaizen) and total quality management (TQM).
- The application of Lean principles to software development.
- Practical suggestions for approaches to auditing.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction to the History and Nature of Lean Projects
- Chapter 2: Lean Principles and Concepts
- Chapter 3: Identify and Specify Customer Value
- Chapter 4: Identify and Map Value Stream
- Chapter 5: Create Flow by Eliminating Waste
- Chapter 6: Respond to Customer Pull
- Chapter 7: Pursue Perfection
- Chapter 8: Lean Software Development
- Chapter 9: Governance of Lean Projects
- Chapter 10: Using Lean Approaches for Your Lean Project Audit/Review
- References and Further Reading
- ITG Resources
- Title: Fundamentals of Assurance for Lean Projects
- Release date: March 2017
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849289009
You might also like
Business Process Change, 4th Edition
Business Process Change: A Business Process Management Guide for Managers and Process Professionals, Fourth Edition, provides …
Despite enormous investments of time and money, are we making a dent on the social and …
The Time Cleanse: A Proven System to Eliminate Wasted Time, Realize Your Full Potential, and Reinvest in What Matters Most
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, …
The Toyota Way to Service Excellence: Lean Transformation in Service Organizations
?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" / The world’s bestselling Lean expert shows service-based organizations …