After reading this chapter, you should be able to
- Understand the types of changes that are made as the hospital budget season winds down
- Discuss why an alert-based decision-support management-accountability budgeting, monitoring, and reporting system can help streamline the budgeting process and provide an automated tool for determining variance to the budget at a glance
- Understand why it is important to produce a cash budget at the conclusion of the operating and capital budget process
- Discuss some of the pressing financial issues confronting physicians in their practice management
- Recognize the fundamental ways that a physician office practice can optimize its financial condition
- Recite a hospital's ...