The Hiring Process: Selection and Orientation
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Identify the role of employment testing in the selection process.
• Determine the benefits and pitfalls of employment references.
• Consider how background checks are used in the selection process.
• Articulate final selection factors.
• Plan organizational, departmental, and self-directed/web-based orientation programs.
• Develop partner programs for new hires so that they may become acclimated to their new work environments as quickly and proficiently as possible.
Let’s listen in on a conversation between ...