Learn about IOT Systems, Technologies and its Security Architecture with the help of case studies and real-world applications.
About This Video
- Deep dives on threats faced by innovative IoT systems
- This course will be filled with practical examples learn the techniques and methodologies of building and securing robust Internet of Things (IoT) systems.
- Step by step guide to IoT threat modeling
The Internet of things is the network of physical objects or things embedded with electronics, software, sensors and network connectivity which enables these objects to collect and exchange data.
In this volume, Fundamentals of IOT Security, we will cover fundamental aspects of the Internet of Things, to include a review of use cases across various industries, we will discuss common IoT components and technologies to provide a baseline understanding of the systems and devices that you need to protect.We will also review common security architectures that can be applied to IoT systems, and discusses regulations and standards that apply to securing IoT systems.We will study of IOT components such as the IoT (hardware, real-time operating systems (RTOS), Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), messaging and communication protocols and backend services. We will discuss threats to IoT systems, attack vectors, current security regulations and standards and common security architectures. We will examine Privacy by Design (PbD) principles and walk through an example Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA).
By the end of this volume, you will understand the fundamentals of IoT systems and IoT security and be able to identify threats and required mitigations to their own IoT systems.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : An Introduction to IoT Systems and Technologies
- Chapter 2 : An Introduction to IoT Security
- Chapter 3 : Conducting an IoT Threat Model
- Chapter 4 : Deep Dive on Privacy
- Title: Fundamentals of IoT Security
- Release date: November 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788392075