Book descriptionThis book discusses the ways in which procurement can help to provide an ethical and sustainable approach to business and product creation while raising an awareness of unacceptable practices with a view to their eradication.
This book demonstrates and explains how to best conduct yourself in a procurement role and what challenges you should be aware of. Factors such as being aware of modern slavery, supply chain’s pollution emissions, and opportunities to recycle and reuse will be explored to create an understanding for the reader in how value should be achieved in today’s way of managing procurement.
As you make your way through the book you will learn about tools and techniques that can aid you in making the right decision for you and your organization, to ensure that all ethical and sustainable elements of the procurement process are explored, evaluated, reviewed and documented.
This book discusses the ways in which procurement can help to provide an ethical and sustainable approach to business and product creation while raising an awareness of unacceptable practices with a view to their eradication.
You, the reader, will learn more about the authors honest experiences of working in procurement as you progress through her literary work. At the end of each chapter, she provides a mini case study exploring and explaining some of her purchasing stories that she has collated over the years.
Table of contents
- Half-Title Page
- Title Page
- Chapter 1 An Introduction to Procurement and Its Evolution
- Chapter 2 Strategic Versus Transactional Procurement
- Chapter 3 Ethical and Sustainable Challenges
- Chapter 4 Reacting to Changing Consumer Needs
- Chapter 5 Price Versus Cost: Supplier Evaluation and Relationship Management
- Chapter 6 Understanding and Challenging Specifications
- Chapter 7 Transparency Through the Supply Chain
- Chapter 8 Challenging Suppliers to Make a Better Future
- Chapter 9 Building Strategic Relationships to Promote Innovation
- Chapter 10 Promoting Ethical and Sustainable Approaches
- About the Author
- Title: Futureproofing Procurement
- Release date: June 2021
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781637420553
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …