Gain access to a system using a portfolio of different techniques.
About This Video
- A comprehensive guide teaching you how to exploit and execute items on a target.
- Shows how to run remote applications and explore the network around a compromised host
- Covers practical tasks showcasing evidence of intrusion removal.
Kali Linux contains a large amount of penetration testing tools from various different niches of the security and forensics fields. The Kali Linux penetration testing platform contains a vast array of tools and utilities, from information gathering to final reporting, that enable security and IT professionals to assess the security of their systems.
This course covers how to gain access to a system using a portfolio of different techniques, each designed to approach the problem from a different angle. Topics covered will be password cracking, NTP, and others. In the second portion of the course you'll be introduced to a group of techniques designed to reduce or eliminate tracks that is left behind as a result of an attack.
In this course we will explore the third and fourth phases of a pentest: exploiting access and covering tracks. This course starts with gaining Remote access using netcat, HTTP tunnels, and executing commands. You will further learn how to crack passwords to gain access to a system using brute-force attacks and rainbow tables.
By the end of this course, you'll have learned how to extract and remove log file information from a system.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Gaining Remote Access and Covering Tracks
- Chapter 2 : Tunneling
- Chapter 3 : Cracking Passwords
- Chapter 4 : Removing Log Files
- Title: Gaining Access and Covering Your Tracks with Kali Linux
- Release date: October 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788626354